"No matter how terrified you may be, own your fear and take that leap anyway because whether you land on your feet or on your butt, the journey is well worth it."
-- Laurie Laliberte
"If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough."
-- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage."
-- Anais Nin

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Veteran's Day

I was all set to post a crochet pattern this week, then I remembered that today is November 11, my parents' wedding anniversary. It also just happens to be Veterans' Day.

I thought about, in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, when thousands of homes in New York and New Jersey are still without power, working in a tribute to the National Guard. So I started poking around the Internet, looking for more information. That's when I happened upon this article and video from CBS News. I felt compelled to share it.

So I suppose you'll all just have to exercise some patience and wait a week for that pattern. Trust me. You won't regret it. Meanwhile, remember those who have served and those who are still serving so that we can sit in the comfort of our homes and crochet.


No comments:

Post a Comment