"No matter how terrified you may be, own your fear and take that leap anyway because whether you land on your feet or on your butt, the journey is well worth it."
-- Laurie Laliberte
"If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough."
-- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage."
-- Anais Nin

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Smut Sells?

Well yeah, supposedly smut sells faster than any other fiction category. So I wrote some. Here's the quick story behind the story:
Many thanks to my pal and fellow KAS
Tony Healey for this great cover design

A while back I got an email from my buddy Aaron. He wanted to know whether my contribution to the Kindle All-Stars Resistance Front anthology was actually the abridged, "clean version" of a longer erotica piece. What? ME? Write erotica? Are you crazy?

Sure, I've written plenty of erotica over the years, but never for an audience larger than one. Specifically, one person (at a time) whose interest I wanted to pique. I never dreamed of writing erotica for a consumer audience.

That set the wheels to turning. Suddenly I was full of ideas but short on time. So I've been working on what I fondly refer to as an anthology of smut. It's been slow going because editing projects, personal business, and other concerns that I may divulge in the coming months have taken precedence over my own writing.

The first piece, the teaser if you will, is the "naughty version" of "Fear of the Dark." It is currently available on Amazon for .99 and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. This is not for younger audiences by any means.

Here's the description from Amazon:
A woman steps off a bus into a blackout and must make her way home in the dark. What, or who, will she encounter when she gets there? The "clean version" of this psycho-sexual thriller was featured in the Resistance Front anthology. This new, extended version runs about 4000 words and is definitely NSFW.

And here are a few quotes from the reviews (all five stars):
"If you like your fiction extremely well-written, and a little saucy, then look no further."
"A quick, dirty, fun little read."
"Good writing is a pleasure to read, and for a psycho-sexual story like this one it's a must. Well done."

So snag "Fear of the Dark" and I'll let you know when the big antho is done.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment