"No matter how terrified you may be, own your fear and take that leap anyway because whether you land on your feet or on your butt, the journey is well worth it."
-- Laurie Laliberte
"If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough."
-- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage."
-- Anais Nin

Friday, November 11, 2011

A Letter Home -- Thank You

On Memorial Day I talked about my father and what little I know of his service in the Navy. Today, I want to offer a simple, humble thank you to all the men and women who sacrifice so much for the freedoms we all enjoy.
This song is performed by the sister of an old acquaintance and former Bostonian. Her name is Gina Gonzalez and she toured for the USO with Gary Sinese's Lt. Dan Band a few years back. I've never had the pleasure of meeting Gina, but her brother Rob is equally talented and a joy to know. I can't think of a better way to say thank you than to offer this, one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard, as a tribute. (Thinking of you, Sharon.)



A side note: I will not be offering up my usual Sunday morning post for your reading pleasure this week (although it is possible I'll have a guest blogger). I simply won't have the time as I'm in the midst of proofreading the 536-page tome that is the Kindle All-Stars Presents: Resistance Front. I'll be back with a vengeance next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment