"No matter how terrified you may be, own your fear and take that leap anyway because whether you land on your feet or on your butt, the journey is well worth it."
-- Laurie Laliberte
"If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough."
-- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage."
-- Anais Nin

Monday, March 21, 2011

Peter Gallagher Made Me Cry

Thanks to Christine over at Wait in the Van I've begun stalking celebrities on Twitter (and you thought I used Twitter just for chatting with you guys). I figured, "If she can do it, so can I." It started slowly: First it was Kirstie Alley because I LOVE her, then the team from Ghost Hunters and Ghost Hunters International, then Zachary Levi from Chuck and Nathan Fillion from Firefly and Castle. Then the list grew, and grew, and grew. Now it's just ridiculous. I think there are about 70 celebs and celeb wannabes who grace my TweetDeck daily. The most recent is Peter Gallagher and I'm about to tell you why.

I love Broadway musicals. My favorite, without a doubt, is Guys and Dolls. Truth be told, the movie version starring Frank Sinatra and (swoon) Marlon Brando, trumps any stage production I've seen, but that's irrelevant. The important thing for you to know is that I believe Peter Gallagher. . .Yes, THAT Peter Gallagher, the guy from The O.C. and now Covert Affairs. . .is the best Sky Masterson I've ever heard (yep, even better than Brando). Now, my favorite song from Guys and Dolls is the shortest, but it's also the most romantic because it's the song that tells the audience that Sky, the hardened gambler/confirmed bachelor, has fallen head over heels in love with Sarah, the missionary. (I know, right?!) Well, a very special someone used to sing that song to me. He called it my song because he knew how much I loved it and now, every time I hear "My Time of Day," it reminds me of him.

Anyhow, yesterday. . .maybe the day before. . .I don't remember, Christopher Gorham, whom I've followed for a while and who is currently working on the next season of Covert Affairs, tweeted something to the effect of: "@petergallagher_ just arrived, now we can start the party." On a whim, I sent this (or something close to it): "@Chris_Gorham: If you can get @petergallagher_ to sing "My Time of Day" I'll <3 you forever." Now, I never expected a response because most celebs use their Twitter accounts to promote whatever project they're working on at the moment, and have so many followers, and get so many tweets that I doubt they even read half of the tweets they receive.

So imagine my surprise when I got up this morning, opened the laptop, and found this on my TweetDeck: "@BigGirlJewelry 'my time of day, is the dark time..a couple of deals before dawn..when the street belongs to the cop.....' cheers!"

Cue the tears. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment